If Robert’s Rules of Order could be fun, this is how to do it! Precede the meeting with lots of freshly grilled burgers, hot dogs, roasted marshmallows, scores of kids and icy watermelon!
The BBQ, and Lag B’Omer fire pits (and marshmallow roasting) and games on the grass was enjoyed yesterday evening by nearly 90 congregants, preschool families and a few guests. The weather was perfect! President Elect and Grill Mistress, Fern Heinig faced her first trial-by-fire cooking up burgers and dogs for aided by Charlie Breslin and John Lasiter. Helping prep every thing in the kitchen were Adrienne Lasiter-Shulman, Merrill Silver and Nick Levitin.
At the meeting, many people thanked Nick Levitin for his service as President. At one time a professional actor, it was altogether fitting that he received a standing ovation!
After opening remarks a dvar Torah by Rabbi Greenstein and various questions, the following items were passed unanimously:
- Last year’s minutes.
- The new budget for fiscal 2016-17
- The slate of new Trustees
After the Annual Meeting, the Cemetery Association (completed in record time!) passed unanimously:
- Election of Carol Katzman as president and Bill Batkay as Secretary
- New Bylaws.
Yasher Koach to all!
- Earth Day Shabbat – Rabbi Daniel Nevins, Scholar-in-Residence - Thu, Apr 27, 2023
- Welcome Marjorie P. Steffe, Office Assistant - Thu, Nov 10, 2022
- Elul,Like A Passing Shadow – 9/29/22 - Thu, Oct 6, 2022